Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum came to existence after notable Indian engineer, scholar, and statesman Sir. M. Visvesvaraya. Based out in Belgaum, Karnataka the college offers students a variety of Technical as well as professional courses. So, if you are planning to take up B.Tech, M.Tech, PhD or even MBA, you can apply to this University to fulfil your educational goals.
Latest Update: The online classes started by VTU are useful. But, with the semester exams approaching, a section of students are unable to clear doubts online due to internet connectivity issues. Others are unable to join classes on a mobile phone or laptop. Few teachers are also unable to adjust to this new normal method. So, the students have dropped an email to the Vice-Chancellor for postponement of the exams due to such issues.
VTU: Courses, Eligibility & Application
Visvesvaraya Technological University is a leading public state university located in Karnataka.
VTU currently has 218 affiliated engineering colleges under its banner. The University has 3,25,000 students currently and awards like the 2014 International Quality Award, and Best Quality Leadership Award.
The university grants various degree/diploma programs to the students planning to get
admission in various Undergraduate, Post Graduate, and Doctoral level courses in the fields of Engineering. Also, the students can pursue a course in business & management sector, planning & architecture, among others.
Some of the popular courses offered at VTU include
1. MBA (total fees per year INR 7,920)
2. B. Tech (Total fees per year INR 7,720)
3. M. Tech (INR 7,970 per year)
4. PhD (INR 74,100 total fees per year)
5. B. Arch (INR 8,220 total fees per year)
6. M. Arch (INR 7,970 total fees per year) among other courses
VTU: What is the minimum eligibility?
The minimum eligibility criteria for various courses overall at VTU are as follows:
● Students planning for an admission to various Undergraduate programs must complete
their 10th & 12th with 45 per cent marks in the respective subject.
● They must have completed their studies from a recognized board.
● Adding to all these, one must have taken the KMAT exam. It is compulsory.
For M.Tech you will need -
● The aspirants planning to get admission to the Program must have a valid graduation
degree in B.Tech or B.E with 50 per cent marks.
● You must also pass the GATE / PGCET exam. MBA eligibility criteria -
● For MBA, CAT score is important. Also, you must score at least 50 per cent in Graduation.
● MAT/PGCET score is also acceptable.
For PhD -
● One must have an M.Tech degree.
● 55 per cent marks are what you will need in pg degree.
● Also, one has to sit for VTU Eligibility Test as well.
VTU: Check the Admission process
Above mentioned are the admission criteria for various courses under VTU. Now,
please check the steps to take admission. Steps to apply for Admission
To apply, the candidates must complete the application form first. The steps to fill up the
application form are as follows:
1. First of all, you must log on to the Visvesvaraya Technological University's official website.
2. After that, just click on the admission tab.
3. This will take you to the application page.
4. Now you will be able to register with your email id and password.
5. Complete the application form with all the required information & scan all essential
6. Once the application form is complete and you have submitted the same, pay the
application fee with the help of Net Banking / Debit Card / Credit Card.
7. One can also courier the filled application form along with the payment through a
demand draft. The demand draft must be in favour of Finance Officer, VTU, Belagavi.
8. In the days going forward, students need to check the official website for any further
information related to admissions.
The future students applying for different courses a VTU, must fill an online application form related to the courses they are planning to apply. The aspirants must pay the application fee using their Credit Card/Debit Card or by selecting some other ways as well. If you are paying the fees using E-Challan, you can visit the any Indian Bank's branch to pay fees.
After successful completion of the application form, the aspirants who applied for the course will get the admit card delivered via mail on their registered email address.
1. The candidates need to visit the official website of the college, log in using their
credentials, and take a print of the admit card.
2. The candidates need to paste their self-attested coloured passport size photograph on
their admit card, and it is essential to take the admit card to their test centre while giving
Admission Cycle of the Univesity
The exact dates of the new admission cycle are not yet announced by the university and will be informed soon as the university releases the schedule. The new and important dates will be there on VTU's official website as per requirement on a timely basis.
Placements at VTU
As per the reports of the College Placement Cell, the average package for B.Tech varies
between 6 to 8 Lakhs per annum, M.Tech pass outs have achieved packages between 8-10 lakhs per annum. More than 300 students are pleased by companies every year.
Most of the universities across India are closed since March 2020, and it's due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Frequent lockdowns, most of the universities, schools, and colleges have opted for online classes using the various platforms so that their studies don't get affected much.