Vardhaman Mahavir Open University or Kota Open University is located in Kota, Rajasthan. It is a State-level open university having 7 regional centers across all the major cities of Rajasthan. The University provides some of the major professional courses through open distance learning mode. One of those courses is B.Ed which is provided by the university for a duration of 2 years.
This year as per the latest notification of VMOU, the VMOU B.Ed (ODL) Registration process is extended till June 9, 2022. Admission to VMOU B.Ed (ODL) course is provided through an Entrance Exam conducted by the university through a pen-paper test. Interested candidates can fill out the application form for VMOU B.Ed 2022 by visiting the official website- www.vmou.ac.in. This extension has provided an additional opportunity to all those candidates who are interested in applying for this course.
The online application for B.Ed began on March 8, interested candidates can apply online till June 9, 2022. The release of admit card and the exam date will be announced later on the official website.
VMOU B.Ed (ODL) Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates who are interested in applying for the VMOU B.Ed (ODL) Entrance Exam should have the following eligibility criteria:
● Candidate must have completed D.El.Ed of 2 years or B.S.T.C under the NCTE Curriculum.
● Candidate must be presently working as a Primary class teacher (Class 1st to Class 8th) in any recognized institution in India.
● Also, Candidate must have completed their graduation in B.Sc / B.A or B.Com with at least 50% aggregate marks in their qualifying examination from a recognized institution of India.
How to Apply for B.ED (ODL) at VMOU?
Candidates can follow the following steps to fill out the Registration form for VMOU B.Ed (ODL) Entrance Exam:
● Visit the official website of VMOU: www.vol.ac.in.
● Go to the homepage and click on the link: ‘B. Ed Entrance Exam 2022-24’.
● Click on New Registration.
● Fill in the details to register before downloading the VMOU B.Ed 2022 Application Form.
● Then log in with the created User ID and Password during the registration.
● Fill in all the required correct details in the application form.
● Upload the required documents related to the previous school qualification and graduation in their prescribed format as per the application instruction.
● Preview the filled application form and pay the application fees of INR 1000 through any online payment mode using the Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ SBI e-pay option and so on.
● Take a printout of the submitted application form for the VMOU B.Ed Entrance Exam for future reference.
VMOU B.Ed (ODL) Entrance Exam
The following details will aid them to understand the pattern of the entrance exam:
● The entrance exam is of 3 hours for 150 multiple-choice questions.
● For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded and for 3 incorrect answers, 1 mark will be deducted.
● There are 5 sections and each will have 30 questions each in the exam namely: Language Proficiency (Hindi), Language Proficiency (English ), Mental Ability, General Awareness, and Teacher Aptitude.
● The total marks for the entrance exam are 450 and each section is of 90 marks.
VMOU B.Ed (ODL) Syllabus
The syllabus for VMOU B.Ed (ODL) Entrance is one of the most crucial parts of for qualifying the entrance exam. It will help to understand the topics which one has to prepare and which are not. Check the table below for the section wise VMOU B.Ed (ODL) Entrance Exam Syllabus:
1. Sections: Language (Hindi & English)
● Unseen Passage
● Cloze Test
● Spelling Error
● Synonym / Antonyms
2. Sections: Mental Ability
● Verbal Reasoning
● Creative Thinking
● Assumption- Declaration
● Decision making
● Statement- Reason
3. Sections: General Awareness
● Indian History
● Indian Geography
● Political history
● Freedom struggle
● Environmental awareness
● Static G.K of Rajasthan
● Current Affairs
● Awards and Recognition
● Banking and the Indian Economy
4. Sections: Teacher Aptitude
● Teaching- Learning Methods
● Teaching-Learning Process
● Social Interaction
● Professional Ethics
● Teaching ability
● Subject understanding
● Subject knowledge
VMOU B.Ed (ODL) Selection Criteria
After the commencement of the VMOU B.Ed (ODL) Entrance Exam, the result will be declared on the official website of the university in offline mode. Candidates who have qualified for the exam will be announced on the merit list and according to the candidate’s rank, they will be called for the process of the admission/counseling process.
For the process of counseling, they need to be present in the university physically with all the required documents, counseling letter, admit card of the exam, application form, scorecard, photographs, 10th and 12th Marksheet and passing certificate, caste certificate, and medical certificates.
We hope that the above article has provided all the required information related to the extension of the last date of registration of VMOU B.Ed (ODL) 2022-24 and other related information for the examination.